Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Yamalube Vs Motul 10w40 Full Synthethic

25K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Bagwell 
#1 ·
Alright guys so I would like to have your opinions about these two oil lubricants.

Which one do you recommend me to use? I am a rider who likes to be aggressive at different situations but still drive normally sometimes as well. I will NOT use my motorcycle on the race track.

I know that Yamalube has a JASO MA certification while the motul has M2.

Is there a difference on how well it protects the engine and gearbox during shifting and riding? Anything else that I should know between these two lubricants?

Would appreciate answers :)

#2 ·
Yamalube 0/20 is what the Graves Junior Cup riders use. I am told that this oil is special for these bikes and only available through Graves Racing Services. I am using this in all my Yamaha' s now. I definitely makes the most power and gives the clutch a really nice feel.
1 thing to note is that I change the oil every 500 miles on the R3 and 1000 miles on my larger bikes.
They also make a 15/30 race oil that is available through normal distrabution channels (Yamaha Dealers) i was using this before the 0/20 became available through Graves. FYI it is a little pricy for most.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I couldn't agree more with what Research Monkey said. Your options are only limited by where your comfort level lies on a scale of what cost can you justify for the outcomes you hope to accomplish. Companies that refine, package and sell motor oils have already spent countless monies to test and develop their own "special formula that exceed all others on the market". And some have spent even more monies on advertising their product as such. Most of us want to error on the safe side and pay a little more than we believe the oil (or oil filter, or tires, etc.) is worth because we enjoy and value our bikes and hope to protect our investment. But I doubt my bike cares very much what product I use as long as I'm following the manufacturer's guidelines. All said and done, Yamaha knows their bikes better than I do. Get what ever oil you like, can afford, and is accessible where you live. Most all are better than our bikes NEED. Yamaha even has a program that extends the warranty on their engine if Yamahalube oil and original filters are used. They're pretty confident their engines are bulletproof.:| I try to keep things simple, because when I overthink things, I mess them up. Just my opinion. Ride Safe and enjoy the process.

#6 ·
Can't go wrong running either one. When was the last time you heard of an engine failing due to (insert name brand, recommended brand here). I'd go with whatever is cheaper. I've run Rotella T6 and Motul 300V in my race bikes and feel that the 300V shifts better (less false neutrals etc.). If you don't know what Rotella T6 is, its Shell Diesel oil that you can get at Walmart for $20 a gallon. My point being, you should be good. haha

On a side note, i'm switching from 300V to Yamalube because our race director swears by it and I can get a better deal on it. We'll see how it performs but i doubt i'll notice a difference vs the 300V.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.