Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any action cam addicts here? I'm always on the lookout for the latest cams and try to do a comparison.

Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I like my Garmin Virb over my GoPro because it has GpS data. I heard the hero 5 now has gps though. It's great for trackday Riders looking to improve their lap times.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would have gotten that Sony cam but it felt too big for me. I went with the Go Pro 5
If you compare them side by side, they're actually close to the same size.. Just different positioning of the lens. The Sony definitely won't work on the front of your helmet lol. BUt it works great on the side of the helmet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like my Garmin Virb over my GoPro because it has GpS data. I heard the hero 5 now has gps though. It's great for trackday Riders looking to improve their lap times.
The Sony actually has GPS overlay too, but haven't really messed around with it so not sure how it works lol. So does Garmin has the option to give you lap times if you go over the same route over and over again? If not, how exaxtly do you get your lap times?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
The Sony actually has GPS overlay too, but haven't really messed around with it so not sure how it works lol. So does Garmin has the option to give you lap times if you go over the same route over and over again? If not, how exaxtly do you get your lap times?
Yes, it does give you lap times. I only used it at one track day. On hat day I made a video which shows the lap timer counting lap times. I made a second video and I am not sure what it was (operator error? ) but it counted multiple laps for that session as one long lap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, it does give you lap times. I only used it at one track day. On hat day I made a video which shows the lap timer counting lap times. I made a second video and I am not sure what it was (operator error? ) but it counted multiple laps for that session as one long lap.
Wow that is pretty awesome! Do you have a youtube link?

·
Registered
86 Posts
How's the 5? Does it have gps? How easy is it to overlay gps data with speed/lean/elevation/etc into the videos? Have any sample videos?
Never really wanted to use it for racing more for just capturing daily riding life. It does have gps and you can overlay speed, path, g-force etc. It records a separate file apart form the video and then you have to use their software to overlay it (plus you can be selective with the information). I don't have any videos of the gps yet but once I move back home I should be able to get some. I'll also ask my friend.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a quick lowlight test

1 - 11 of 11 Posts