Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Yoshimura fender eliminator kit but after a few rides my stock turn signals keep falling out at high speeds. Does anyone know of what I can replace them with?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Can you remove the rubber bushing and re-install tight with a washer and locknut? Not sure how the Yosh eliminator assembles, but with the Vagabond eliminator the stock rubber bushing is removed before attaching with washer and locknut. The signals are tight and don't rattle around or loosen.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Man, I love Yoshimura but their fender eliminator sucks as. I don't understand why they would make it like 5 pieces. Its a disaster.

Anyway, what is falling off, falling from the signal retainer clip, or the nuts vibrate off? Or wait, better question, did you reinstall the signal's plastic retainer clips inside the rubber?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Can you remove the rubber bushing and re-install tight with a washer and locknut? Not sure how the Yosh eliminator assembles, but with the Vagabond eliminator the stock rubber bushing is removed before attaching with washer and locknut. The signals are tight and don't rattle around or loosen.
Depends on what country the bike is from, here in the uk my stock indicators at least didn't use the washer and locknut under the rubber bushing the bushing just had a screw through it into the indicator, Also another odd fact the uk turn signals use the bullet style crimp connectors instead of that yamaha style turn signal connector

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That seems to hold it a bit better but I was wondering if I could buy any other aftermarket indicators that fit on the yoshi fender kit.

Man, I love Yoshimura but their fender eliminator sucks as. I don't understand why they would make it like 5 pieces. Its a disaster.

Anyway, what is falling off, falling from the signal retainer clip, or the nuts vibrate off? Or wait, better question, did you reinstall the signal's plastic retainer clips inside the rubber?
Retainer clips? The ones I had to snip off to even install this? I'll post some pics of this morning.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You either need to reinstall the retainer that was on the nut and the wires to hold the blinker in the rubber, or, what I would do is remove the rubber piece and get some washers and use the nut and stud in the blinker assembly and mount it directly to the fe like the vagabond kit. Watch the vagabond install if you don't understand what I mean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts