Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Wich one is better?
Akrapovic full system or Yoshimura full system carbon?
I have a full Akrapovic and absolutely love the look and the sound, however I hope to be exchanging it for a full M4 titanium. Carbon looks sweet but can get UV damage and be more susceptible to damage on fall overs and crashes-there is that to consider. Anyway, why M4? Read ahead. Before I went Akra, I was really torn between the Yosh, M4, Scorpion, and Akra, but choose the Akra on the advice of somebody who shall not be named.;)

Jesse known as @jbluetooth did a write up on his blog and posted it in this thread Full Dyno Testing Results, Bazzaz vs. PCV, R3 vs. KTM RC390 Around the $600 price point, there is basically Yosh, Akra, and M4 to consider. Maybe AreaP but forgot the price of hand. There are a lot of other more expensive exhausts like Scorpion, Arrow, Two Brothers and Graves, and I am not sure of their performance gain. Anyway, Jesse's testing and successive write up will be far more informative than me transcribing the info here.

Here is a direct link to the @jblueooth's post on his blog, yamahar3racing.com. Yamaha R3 dyno results, how much power does it make? What is the best exhaust? Power Commander vs. Bazzaz?

Big kudos to @jbluetooth Jesse for his testing and taking the time to write it up and share it with everyone.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I got the Arrow Stainless Full exhaust and am pleased with look and sound. Price was under $700.00 from TST Industeries. They are a vender here.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got the Arrow Stainless Full exhaust and am pleased with look and sound. Price was under $700.00 from TST Industeries. They are a vender here.
I bought a cheapie Chinese set of headers off Ebay. The welds are nice, the fit was spot-on. I also bought an M4 muffler (M4 GP) for 35 bucks. The system was crazy loud- I spent an aditional 5 bucks for a baffle to slip inside the muffler. Total cost? Less than 150 bucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bought a cheapie Chinese set of headers off Ebay. The welds are nice, the fit was spot-on. I also bought an M4 muffler (M4 GP) for 35 bucks. The system was crazy loud- I spent an aditional 5 bucks for a baffle to slip inside the muffler. Total cost? Less than 150 bucks.
Dude.... Where is your foot peg, and rear brake? I know for most track bikes, we rarely use the rear.... What happens when you run off into the grass in an "oh-$hit" moment? Front brakes on grass will end your day-

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are you getting the ECU tuned?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dude.... Where is your foot peg, and rear brake? I know for most track bikes, we rarely use the rear.... What happens when you run off into the grass in an "oh-$hit" moment? Front brakes on grass will end your day-
As my Right foot has been amputated, I can't use the rear brake anyhow. Can't even bend my leg far enough back to use the stock peg. So I decided to remove it. It was just excess weight.

·
Registered
174 Posts
As my Right foot has been amputated, I can't use the rear brake anyhow. Can't even bend my leg far enough back to use the stock peg. So I decided to remove it. It was just excess weight.
WOW.... I had no idea? Good for you for still riding!!!! I do "tech" inspections at the track sometimes, so my eyes are immediately drawn to things that don't look right- sorry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts